Just two months in, and the 2017 labor economy is already presenting a unique challenge to both employers and recruiters:
- The U.S. unemployment rate is at its lowest in eight years.
- Over 3 million workers left their jobs by choice—the highest level recorded since 2006.
- The number of job openings nationwide is approaching 6 million—the highest number recorded since 2000, the year the statistic was first tracked by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The average cost per hire has risen to over $4,000.
- Essential roles that need to be filled immediately are remaining vacant for more than a month.
If only there were a candidate who already knows your business and could hit the ground running. Fortunately, there is. Enter the new age of the boomerang employee.